Monday, September 10, 2007

Lovesick Puppy

Well, this is my first time writing a song, wrote it under an hour, with breaks in between to visit youtube and listening to songs for inspiration.

It's called, Lovesick Puppy, it's about a friend who liked a bitch, and the bitch treated him like a dog, so the outcome was a lovesick puppy who couldn't do very much.

I’m just a dot on your map,
I’m not your destination.
But girl I would be oh so glad,
If you would stay here tonight.
It is a fact that will not change,
But I don’t want to lose.

Chorus:
You say that love’s just a game,
Then why can’t I play.
Our conversations are stale,
And I can’t seem to see better days.
Oh God why won’t she just love me too.

We stroll on the summer streets,
There’s no sound but our shuffling feet.
Running more than walking,
You needed to escape from our little hell.
I really need this as emotions consume,
And I’m left with nothing much.

Bridge:
You can’t break my heart,
It melted the first time I met you.


It has not been edited so cut me some slack please.

I have no clue what will become of this song, whether my band will actually want to play something with such corny lyrics, and I haven't thought about the tune yet. But I would like something like a cross between Jack Johnson and Shawn Mullins. Surf country, how about that.

No comments: