Saturday, September 8, 2007

Longer than

Just attended Funeral for a friend's gig, being short and bringing a friend who's female and short as well just weren't the conditions for moshing. So we found ourselves a balcony where we were safe, and could listen to their music clearly.

After two songs, I came to a conclusion that they weren't much of musicians, just really great performers and lyricists. Their songs felt repetitive in terms of how they sounded. You could probably throw the same lyrics into two of their songs and the crowd would still be happy. The bassist held the bottom, but nothing special came out of him, but what was I expecting, they are just a band whose fans are too busy fighting or trying to stay alive instead of enjoying their music. The drummer had standard, but most of the time he was just playing normal straight beats trying to sound loud. The guitarists did not impress me either. Well, the gig was not that all lost I guess, they sounded tight and mistakes were minimal, the sound crew did a really good job at mixing as well. First and the last time.

And that's my story...

My songwriting progress isn't very good either. I'm never in the mood to write songs, but today have decided I should write one just for fun, and I'm stuck a little after the first chorus. Oh well...

No comments: